If you have chosen to let your property through a lettings agent, there are a number of factors to consider in selecting the right agent. It is not just down to the fee they charge, but also what value you get for this fee.
Here are a few questions to take into consideration when choosing the right letting agent for you:
- Do they understand the local area and rental prices?
- Have they got proven marketing methods to get your property let in a time frame to suit you.
- Do they have registered tenants looking for a property like yours in your area?
- Are their opening hours convenient (for you to be able to contact them, but also to maximise on times of days potential tenants can view the property)?
- Will they promote your property on their website and major portals (such as Rightmove and OnTheMarket.com).
- Do they engage in a variety of marketing methods such as social media, email campaigns, newspaper advertising, SMS and local PR opportunities?
- Are you satisfied that they take high quality images and writes detailed property particulars to generate as much interest as possible in the property?
- Do they have a dedicated Property Management Service to look after your property?
- Will they organise the government required Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on your behalf? This needs to be arranged before your property can be marketed.
- Are they a member of ARLA and therefore adhere to a code of practice of honesty and transparency?
See what Haybrook Lettings can offer by reading our guide on Why choose Haybrook as your letting agents.